|
||||
|
Thursday, July 31, 2008Where to start, where to start?Well, minor incidents aside, which are remembered with amusement now, (I won't list them, to save embarrassment for anyone concerned), everything went pretty smoothly. So by 12 noon, on the 26th July, 2008, Andrea and I were married :D ![]() Our rings are definitely something apart from the usual. ![]() Mine is black zirconium with a gold inlay. Andrea's is white and yellow gold with a Celtic rune inscription. After the reception, we headed off to Scarborough. For the first couple of days, the weather was largely dominated by a sea fog, only clearing occasionally... though when it did, it was seriously hot. ![]() Now if you're at all familiar with photos I've posted from a previous visit to Scarborough, you may notice something a little familiar about this pic. Amazingly, we found ourselves in exactly the same room we were given a year and a half ago, when I proposed to Andrea. We didn't ask for this room, or make any mention of it, so we were utterly flabbergasted to find ourselves in it again, and given the occasion, it seemed completely fitting. After the first couple of days, when weather cleared, giving us blazing hot sunshine. This, and an urge to go shopping prompted me to buy some new clothes, rather than borrow an iron for the linen stuff I'd packed. I found myself sporting a somewhat tongue in cheek colonial look, just for the hell of it. It's funny how differently people treat you, when you dress up a bit. ![]() One of the attractions we found was this little miniature railway, which led to the end of the south bay, a couple of miles from our hotel. ![]() At the end of the bay was a small pool, fed by a stream, where Andrea had a shoe floating under a rock incident. She was saved from hopping home with only one shoe by a little girl with a fishing net. This matched for comedy value my own earlier mishap, when I incorrectly scratched the date on our parking token, and landed us with a £25 parking ticket. I pleaded stupidity at the council offices, and they let us off the fine. I could go on for hours about the wonderful time we had, but instead, I'll just post a few photos. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() You can find more of my photos from our honeymoon on my flickr page. Steve Benway 9:38 PM [+]
Comments:
Post a Comment
|
|
||
|